Nation Wide Ladder & Equipment Company has been serving NH and MA’s scaffolding needs since 1975. Not only do we want to help with whatever job you’re hoping to complete, we want you to complete it in one piece. We have a few tips to make sure you stay safe while working with our scaffolding gear.
1) Ensure everyone is properly trained. Just as it’s important to know how to correctly use a saw before use, it’s important to know and understand the equipment that’s separating you from a painful fall to the ground. The regulations for scaffolding are important, know how to use it.
2) Inspect and sustain scaffolding. Proper training will not be of use if the scaffolding is not up to code. Be sure that your scaffolding is approved to be in use before putting yourself in danger by standing on it.
3) Properly secure scaffolding. Falling under the same category of being trained to use scaffolding, knowing how the mechanics of the equipment work and how to prevent accidents is essential to a successful job site.
4) Know the load capacity. Limits are no laughing matter when it comes to the integrity of equipment that you’re relying on. Testing the weight restrictions of your scaffolding can end disastrously.
5) Use guardrails, harnesses, and other safety precautions. Every single safety precaution you take are meant to do just that. Mistakes and accidents are made all the time, it’s what you can do to combat them that can stop an unnecessary injury from happening.
6) Wear the proper attire. Hard hats and boots with grip are a dependable way to avoid headaches (literally) on and under the scaffolding while and the possibility of slipping on any surfaces.
Whether you’re a homeowner, contractor, or another industry pro, knowing the basics of scaffolding safety can mean the difference between serious or fatal injuries and completing your desired project effectively. Nation Wide Ladder provides high quality products for all your scaffolding needs. Check out our options online or give us a call at 1 (800) 228-2519.