All over the country, construction companies and other businesses alike use our ladders to complete their everyday work. Nation Wide Ladder works with a variety of consumers from those professionals who know the ins and outs of ladder safety to homeowners who are looking for an all-in-one ladder for their home repair needs. In the United States alone, there are over 150,000 ladder-related accidents every year, and are often caused by improper ladder use. Basic tips for safety are important to any project, and we want you to be protected while using our ladders.
– To check your ladder is in proper working order
– To place your ladder on a flat, even surface that will not slip or move
– Any doorway that will open into a placed ladder is blocked from use
– To use the appropriate size and style of ladder for your job
– Your shoes are clean and have non-slip grip
– To never make sudden movements while on a ladder that could cause it to shift
– To never move a ladder while standing on it
– To use both hands on the ladder while climbing and descending
– To follow safety labels on the specific ladder in use
– To never climb too high, most typically past the fourth rung
– To never leave a ladder unattended
– To never use a ladder in windy or unstable conditions
– If you feel dizzy or your balance is not centered to not use a ladder
The tips for proper ladder use can go on forever, but Nation Wide Ladder wants you to remember these fundamental aspects for the safety of you and others around you. These essential guidelines are simple and can help prevent serious harm.
Ensuring your protection is our priority, and any questions we can answer about your ladder needs leaves us both with peace of mind. If you have questions regarding your ladder or which of our many ladders you need for your home in MA, give us a call today at (800) 228-2519 to speak with our experts.